Click here to see COVID-19 updates

Archbishop's Appeal

The Archbishop’s Appeal is the annual fundraising campaign that provides supplemental financial assistance to institutions, programs and ministries affiliated with the Catholic Church throughout the Archdiocese of San Antonio.

Learn More about the Archbishop’s Appeal Make a Donation to the Archbishop’s Appeal.
  • 4,500,000
  • 4,000,000
  • 3,000,000
  • 2,000,000
  • 1,000,000

Archives and Records Management

Sacramental Records Requests

Sacramental records of baptisms, marriages, confirmation and funerals are recorded and maintained at the individual parishes of the Archdiocese of San Antonio.

Baptismal certificates are only issued by the parish of baptism to the person named in the record, or the parent of a minor child with proof of identification. Sacramental certificates will not be issued for genealogical research or to anyone other than the person(s) who made the sacrament. If you are out of town, please ask the baptismal parish to send your records to a local Catholic parish near you to pick up the certificate.

Please contact the parish of baptism to obtain a copy of an individual certificate.

Baptisms in the Archdiocese of San Antonio are indexed to provide assistance in locating the church of baptism. We provide assistance in ascertaining the parish where a person has been baptized when their parish is unknown. In order to provide research of the baptismal parish, please provide the name given at baptism as well as the family name, date of birth, father's name and mother's maiden name. Searches may take up to 5 business days, please plan accordingly.

Closed parish's sacramental registers may be transferred to the either the Archives of the Archdiocese of San Antonio or to another parish. The sacramental registers for St. Stephen Catholic Church is now located at St. John Berchmans. Please contact the church office at (210) 434-3247. For other closed parishes, please contact the Archives at (210) 734-1959.

If you are in need of an immediate family member's certificate who is deceased for other reasons, please contact the Archives for assistance in obtaining the record. Contact the Archives at phone: (210) 734-1959 or e-mail questions: [email protected]