What a beautiful gift to be called to the vocation of married life!
In the Sacrament of Matrimony, “Spouses accept the challenge and aspiration of supporting one another, growing old together, and in this way reflecting god’s own faithfulness.” (Pope Francis, Amoris Laetitia)
The Sacrament of Marriage is a covenant, which is more than a contract. Covenant always expresses a relationship between persons. The marriage covenant refers to the relationship between the husband and wife, a permanent union of persons capable of knowing and loving each other and God. The celebration of marriage is also a liturgical act, appropriately held in a public liturgy at church. Catholics are urged to celebrate their marriage within the Eucharistic Liturgy.
The Archdiocese of San Antonio is delighted to journey with engaged and married couples. Are you:
• A couple seeking to be married in the Church? Congratulations on discerning your vocation to married life! Click here to learn more about how the church accompanies you during this exciting and important time.
• A couple seeking to strengthen their marriages? Click here for marriage enrichment resources and ministries.
• A couple in marital distress (seeking spiritual or counseling help)? You are not alone in the hardships and trials of married life. Click here to find the help you seek.
• A couple who wants to learn more about Natural Family Planning? Click here for information and resources.
• A priest, deacon or pastoral minister seeking information, resources, and support to minister to engaged and married couples? Thanks for your committed service to those called to married life! Click here for more resources and information.
We are here to serve you!
For Annulment information, contact the Archdiocesan Tribunal Office at 210-734-1661 or visit their website.
For information about mixed religion marriages or getting married outside the Archdiocese of San Antonio, contact the Office of the Chancellor at 210-734-1676.
Marriage and Family Ministries Training
It is a wonderful blessing to be called to walk with engaged couples, marriages, and families. Your ministry can bring the light and the joy our families desperately need. To appropriately serve engaged couples, marriages, and families in our communities, the Archdiocese of San Antonio offers a variety of trainings and formation opportunities to parish and deanery leaders.
Questions or Comments?
Director for Family Evangelization & Faith Formation