YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
Dear young people … It is Jesus who stirs in you the desire to do something great with your lives, the will to follow an ideal, the refusal to allow yourselves to be grounded down by mediocrity, the courage to commit yourselves humbly and patiently to improving yourselves and society, making the world more human and more fraternal. (St. John Paul II)
Who Are Young Adults?
Young adults are persons in their late teens, twenties, and thirties who represent diverse cultural, racial, ethnic, educational, vocational, social, political, and spiritual backgrounds. They are college students, workers, and professionals; they are persons in military service; they are single, married, divorced, or widowed; they are with or without children; they are newcomers in search of a better life.
The Archdiocese of San Antonio is delighted to serve the Young Adults of our communities! The needs and gifts of Young Adults are varied; so are the different ministries that aim to connect Young Adults to Jesus and the Church, calling them to live God’s love in communion with their peers and the wider Church, while finding ways to answer God’s call to place one’s gifts at the service of others.
We accompany Young Adults in their journey of faith as they encounter Jesus Christ by:
• Creating and/or hosting events and initiatives that help young adults encounter and grow closer to Jesus Christ, the Church, as well as their peers in a vibrant community of faith through spiritual formation, service and fellowship opportunities.
• Building bridges of community, collaboration and lasting friendships among young adults
• Assisting new parish young adult groups with their startup processes or the revitalizing of existing groups
• Supporting the young adult events provided throughout our Archdiocese by other Catholic agencies and providing a forum for the sharing of these events
Young Adult Ministries
We offer monthly opportunities to learn about your faith and join in fellowship with other Young Adults. See our Calendar of Events for a full listing of Young Adult events.
• Theology on Tap: Every 4th Thursday of the month, young adults gather to hear a dynamic presentation on relevant Catholic topics and issues in an informal environment
• Worship on the River: This is an opportunity for young adults to meet for adoration, confession and fellowship every 3rd Tuesday of the month at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church Downtown (Directions)
• World Youth Day: World Youth Day (WYD) is a worldwide encounter with the Pope which is typically celebrated every three years in a different country. Click here for a summary of WYDSA 2019. The next World Youth Day will be held in Lisbon, Portugal in 2023.
• Young Adult Groups: All Young Adults are invited to join any of these young adult groups that actively gather for fellowship, prayer, and service throughout different areas and communities of the Archdiocese
Questions or Comments?
Director for Youth & Young Adult Ministry